ON ROTATION: Ruby Frost – Comeback Queen
Sound the listicle klaxon! Here are six things you can learn about Kiwi songstress Ruby Frost today.
- Ruby Frost is a very good pop star name, I’m sure you agree.
- Back in 2012 she released a nice single called “Water To Ice.” It sounded like Florence & The Machine meets The Naked & Famous ie. shouty & catchy electro-pop.
- She was on the judging panel of the first season of X Factor NZ along with Melanie Blatt of All Saints fame. Girl power! etc.
- Frost’s back with a brand new single called “Comeback Queen,” a drum-and-bassy youth-pop number. It was co-produced by Harry Sommerdahl (Robyn, The Saturdays).
- “Hooked on love since 17, you could say I’m comeback queen” is a good pop lyric.
- This will sound especially good on the speakers of an H&M or Uniqlo.
Have a listen below via the (naturally) ’90s-styled music video.