NEW VIDEO: La Roux – In For The Kill (US Version)
- It sort of reminds me of Massive Attack’s “Karmacoma”, sans the surreal bizarreness.
- I love the tongue-in-cheek product placement!
- Elly continues to look striking and Tilda-Swinton-y.
- The song seems to have been remixed. They turned her shrill vocals down a notch and added a few subtle tweaks. I’m not sure whether this can repeat the success of “Bulletproof”, though.
- That single earring is quickly becoming the essential accessory for quirky pop stars, isn’t it. I first saw it on Robyn, then Rosanna. It’s funny because Shirley Manson rocked it first over a decade ago.
- My minor quibble with this video is that it was all build-up and no climax.
- It baffles me that this is only pushed in the States 1.5 years after it was in the UK. Well, we’ve got a better video this time, so I’m not complaining.
- Whatever happened to the Tigerlily video then? Rumor has it that Chris Cunningham directed it. Judging from the behind-the-scenes, it has the potential to be amazing…
- I just notice she pronounced “understand/hand” the American way in this version. Priorities!
Her debut was a great album worth milking, for what it’s worth. In the meantime, let’s revisit the magnificent Skream remix, shall we?